The International Tulip Festival in Istanbul will be held this year again with a magnificent abundance of flowers. During the annual festival in April, you can admire the colorful tulips for a month throughout the city. Marvel at the largest carpet of flowers in front of the Hagia Sophia.
Millions of tulips in hundreds of different varieties bloom in the time of the festival in Istanbul. Decorated with giant flowerbeds, Emirgan Park is a particularly famous venue of the Tulip Festival in Istanbul. You can also enjoy the view of beautiful tulips in other parks and gardens as well as in the whole city.
The most important locations you can visit during the 14th International Tulip Festival in Istanbul:
• Gülhane Park: 32 different varieties with a total of 265,000 tulips
• Emirgan Park: 270 different varieties with a total of 2.5 million tulips
• Yıldız Park: 59 different varieties with a total of 550,000 tulips
• Beykoz Park: 63 different varieties with a total of 470,000 tulips
• Göztepe Rose Garden: 115 different varieties with a total of 1.7 million tulips
• Büyük Çamlıca Park: 64 different varieties with a total of 315,000 tulips
• Fethipaşa Park: 70 different varieties with a total of 420,000 tulips
Throughout the festival there is a varied program on the tulip, which still plays a leading role in Turkish art and culture. The program is intended to portray this significant Ottoman period flower in all forms: Live music, art demonstrations and various exhibitions take place from mid-April to early May 2019 in Emirgan Park, Göztepe 60.Yıl Park and on the historic peninsula. Marvel at the huge carpet of flowers at Sultanahmet Square. Other highlights during the festival are:
• Live Music
• Ottoman Ebru Art (Turkish Art of Marbling)
• Glass Blowing
• Exhibition: The Language of the Tulips „Lalelerin Dilinden“
• Tulip Exhibition
• Tulips Market
• Sculpture Exhibition
• Photo Exhibition of past Tulip Festivals in Istanbul
The festival also hosts a photography contest. The most beautiful photos of tulips in Istanbul’s gardens, parks and squares will be announced during a ceremony in Emirgan Park.
Visit the Tulip Festival in Istanbul! We are happy to help you with the planning and organization of your trip. Just contact us via our form.
We look forward to hearing from you!