Turkey offers excellent medical care with best hospitals, experienced doctors and competitive prices.
Turkey - and Istanbul in particular - is among the best cities in the world regarding the quality of healthcare.
Here you will find a comprehensive overview of the best hospitals in Turkey, private and public, as well as detailed information on each hospital.
Our aim is to help you get the best possible healthcare in Turkey while enjoying an unforgettable travel experience.
Let’s start !
Note: This information is for guidance only and does not replace medical advice. Please always consult a doctor before seeking treatment.
Best Private Hospitals in Istanbul, Turkey
Due to the higher standards, we recommend private hospitals in Istanbul in case of medical treatment.
Public and private hospitals differ mainly in terms of comfort and cost. While private hospitals pay attention to the greatest possible comfort for patients and sometimes even resemble 5-star hotels, public hospitals place less emphasis on this aspect for cost and capacity reasons. Another important factor to consider when choosing a hospital is that you may face communication problems with the medical staff in public hospitals.
Below, you will learn more about these and other reasons to choose a private clinic in Istanbul.
Things you need to know about Private Hospitals in Istanbul
- Private Hospitals in Istanbul are among the best in the world, offering world-class service.
- High-quality treatment is available in Istanbul at an affordable cost, and mostly cheaper than in Europe or the US. However, keep in mind that private hospitals in Istanbul are more expensive than government ones.
- Private clinics in Istanbul often resemble a 5-star hotel and feature modern facilities, cutting-edge technology and state-of-the-art equipment of leading international brands. Many of them provide interpreter services, gastronomic facilities and even spa packages.
- Private health services generally offer higher quality services than public health services
- In private hospitals, you can even get an appointment, even on the same day.
Find the Top Best Private Hospitals in Turkey
Hospitals in Istanbul
Hospitals in Antalya
Hospitals in Izmir
Hospitals in Ankara
Public Hospitals in Istanbul, Turkey
As a foreigner, you may prefer to get treated in a private hospital. However, in order to provide you with a complete list of the best hospitals, we have compiled important information about public hospitals as well as a list of the best public hospitals in Istanbul.
Things you need to know about Public Hospitals in Istanbul
- Just like the private hospitals, the public health system is supervised by the Turkish Ministry of Health
- In 2020, public hospitals in Turkey, removed all outdated equipment and ordered the latest models on the market.
- Public hospitals are less comfortable and luxurious than private hospitals. You have to expect to stay in a double or quad room.
- Private health services often offer higher quality services than government services.
- If you have insurance, you do not have to pay for your medical treatment at the state hospital.
- Since many Turks still do not speak English as a second language, you might face communication problems with the medical staff in state hospitals.
- State hospitals are highly frequented by locals, so you should expect long waiting times.
- Considering Istanbul's population of more than 25 million and many patients coming from abroad, doctors in Istanbul have high patient volumes to deal with, resulting in a greater depth of experience within a shorter practice time.
List of the Top 10 Public Hospitals in Istanbul
There are 62 public hospitals in Istanbul. Below is a list of the top 10 public hospitals in Istanbul for foreign visitors based on their location.
- SBÜ Şişli Hamidiye Etfal Education & Research Hospital
- Beşiktaş Sait Çiftçi State Hospital
- Haseki Education & Research Hospital
- Prof. Dr. Cemil Taşcıoğlu Şehir Hastanesi
- Üsküdar State Hospital (Üsküdar Devlet Hastanesi)
- Eyüpsultan State Hospital
- Gaziosmanpaşa Education & Research Hospital
- Bahçelievler State Hospital
- Arnavutköy State Hospital
- Kağıthane State Hospital
Hospitals in Istanbul, Turkey - FAQ
There are a lot of excellent hospitals in Istanbul. You can refer to our list above for the top ones.
Yes, Turkey offers world-class private medical care and is therefore one of the most sought-after countries for health care with growing demand. Hence, it is not surprising that Turkey is now attracting patients from all over the world with its specialized clinics and medical staff, wide range of procedures and low costs.
In particular, private clinics in Istanbul are considered some of the best in the country and the world.
You may also be interested in these related articles:
- Medical Treatment in Istanbul
- Turkey's best Clinics & Doctors
- List of Beauty Salon Treatments in Istanbul
Contact the official MedClinics website for more details on hospitals in Istanbul!