From private yachts to big boats, learn all the dinner cruise options available in Istanbul and make your reservation on this page!
A dinner cruise on the Bosphorus in Istanbul offers a unique and unforgettable way to experience the outstanding beauty of this historic city.
With breathtaking views of the city's landmarks, delicious Turkish cuisine, and cultural entertainment including belly dancers and folk shows, this popular activity is a memorable way to spend an evening in the city. Whether you opt for a luxury yacht or a more budget-friendly option, a Bosphorus dinner cruise is a one-of-a-kind experience not to be missed.
In this complete guide, we've compiled the best dinner cruises on the Bosphorus in 2023, with prices, types, insider tips, and booking information to help you plan a truly memorable night out in Istanbul.
Comparison table of the best 2023 dinner cruises on Istanbul Bosphorus
Compare the top Bosphorus Dinner Cruise options in this handy comparison table, complete with prices, key features, and inclusions, such as dinner and entertainment options:
List of the best 2023 dinner cruise options on Istanbul Bosphorus
With so many boat companies in Istanbul catering to different clientele and offering varying prices, it can be challenging to choose the right one. But don't worry, this comprehensive list will make the process easier by providing a clear overview of the best 2023 dinner cruise options on the Bosphorus. Make your choice with ease and enjoy a magical night on the Bosphorus.
PEREME Dinner Cruise
From: 35.00 €
Don't miss to join this activitiy and experience an amazing night at this Bosphorus Dinner Cruise with Oriental Show!
MAJESTY Dinner Cruise
From: 38.00 €
Get ready for a dazzling night filled with traditional dances, live DJ performances, spectacular views and unlimited drinks aboard the Bosphorus dinner cruise!
MEGA LÜFER Dinner Cruise
From: 33.00 €
Take in sights of the Bosphorus on board a mega yacht. Enjoy the city view with a 3-course meal while you listen to live music and watch stage performances at private tables.
BOSFOR Dinner Cruise
From: 35.00 €
Spend a lovely evening on a dinner cruise as you glide along the Bosphorus Strait, witnessing beautiful live performances, and sipping on a delicious drink of your choice as you pass by some of Istanbul's most famous monuments.
TURNA Dinner Cruise
From: 45.00 €
Dine in style as you cruise past illuminated city landmarks like the Blue Mosque, Dolmabahçe Palace and the Fatih Sultan Mehmet Bridge on this evening cruise along the Bosphorus.
Best Sunset Cruises on Istanbul Bosphorus
Bosphorus Luxury Yacht Tour
From: 46.00 €
Get on board at sunset and experience the magic of the Bosphorus from a luxury yacht
Istanbul: Bosphorus Sunset Cruise on a Luxurious Yacht
From: 60.00 €
Have a relaxing evening on a luxury yacht, admiring the stunning evening lights of Istanbul's celebrated towers, bridges, and landmarks, narrated by an informative and entertaining tour guide.
What to expect on a Bosphorus Dinner Cruise in Istanbul?
On a Bosphorus dinner cruise, you can admire the magic of Istanbul at night from the water while enjoying a unique evening packed with a variety of live on-board entertainment.
As you dine, glide across the glittering Bosphorus, passing waterfront palaces, historical sites and illuminated landmarks of Istanbul such as Maiden's Tower, Dolmabahce Palace and the Bosphorus Bridge.
1. Timing of the Cruise
The cruise takes place around 8:30 pm and typically lasts about 3 hours. The night is filled with breathtaking views, colorful entertainment, delicious food and awesome photo opportunities.
2. Entertainment & Shows Onboard
Here are the types of entertainment usually offered by the dinner cruise boats in Istanbul:
- Turkish Folk Dance: This traditional Turkish dance show delights with Turkish folk music and folk dances from different regions of the country. These mostly include Caucasian Dance, Turkish Sword Dance or Turkish Gypsy Dance.
- Whirling Dervishes: Immerse yourself in a completely different world at the Whirling Dervishes Show. Witness the mysticism of this transcendental performance by Sufi practitioners, accompanied by mesmerizing music.
- Belly Dance Show: The highlight of the Turkish dinner night show is the belly dancer. With her rhythmical performance, the belly dancer will take you to the world of "1001 Nights." Those who wish can tip the dancer by tucking bills on her belt when she dances from table to table.
- Live DJ Performance: About after 2 hours, when dinner is over, the DJ will set the mood with Turkish pop music. Most of the time, the belly dancers join the party and animate the guests to dance.
3. Typical Dining Options
Read about dinner options here:
- Meze: Turkish Meze culture is an important part of Turkish cuisine. Mezes are small dishes similar to tapas. These starters are served cold or hot, often in combination with fish and rakı.
- Main Dishes: If you decide to go on a ship that offers a menu, you usually can choose between fish, meatballs or chicken. Sometimes there are also steak, vegetarian and seafood options. With an open buffet, you can choose from a wide variety of dishes to eat.
- Salad: Seasonal salad
- Dessert: Fresh fruits & Turkish desserts
- Soft Drinks: Some dinner cruises offer unlimited soft drinks.
- Alcoholic Beverages: If you choose a dinner cruise with alcoholic beverages, be aware that they usually serve local brands. Some cruises even offer unlimited alcoholic beverages.
Things to know about Dinner Cruises on Istanbul Bosphorus
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
On an Istanbul dinner cruise on the Bosphorus, you can admire the magic of the city at night from the water. At the same time, you can enjoy a unique dinner show evening packed with a variety of live on-board entertainment.
On a Bosphorus Dinner Cruises with entertainment, people usually dress up nicely. This event is the ideal time to impress your loved ones and take out the nicest cloth that you bought in Istanbul. However, make sure that you are not dressed too fancy. A casual-chic outfit is ideal.
A Bosphorus Dinner Cruise usually lasts about 3 hours.
All companies of Bosphorus dinner cruise & night show from Istanbul offer a pick-up service. If you decide to book the pick-up service, please note that it usually does not pick up guests directly at the hotel, but at central locations such as the Old Town or the Taksim district.
The answer to whether a Bosphorus dinner cruise in Istanbul is worthwhile ultimately depends on your personal preferences and interests. However, if you are looking for a unique and memorable evening activity in Istanbul, we would definitely recommend taking a dinner cruise on the Bosphorus. It offers a unique perspective of the city and the opportunity to witness traditional Turkish shows and musical performances, as well as sample authentic Turkish cuisine. It is definitely worthwhile for those who appreciate scenic views, cultural experiences and good food.
Prices for Bosphorus dinner cruises vary depending on the type of cruise, the included services and the level of luxury. Prices for inexpensive dinner cruises start at around €35 per person and range up to between around €100. However, it should be noted that if the price is less than €45, the quality of the cruise decreases noticeably or may have hidden costs, which is why these tours are not recommended.