Bakırköy Synagogue was built in 1914 by Jews who had emigrated from Edirne.
Originally, a Jewish elementary school was housed on the ground floor of the building, which consisted of two floors. The first floor served as a place of worship.
In 1960, the building was thoroughly renovated. Today, the synagogue has a capacity for 200 believers. Because of a decrease in the Jewish population in this part of the city, the place of worship is only open for Shabbat prayers.