Beards are back in vogue. The facial hair can contour the face, give it character, convey masculinity or reveal clues about the person's personality.
But not every man is blessed with a perfectly well-grown and thick beard. More and more men who struggle to grow facial hair are coming to Turkey for beard transplantation.
Turkey and Istanbul in particular have become the capital of hair transplant. Therefore, beard transplantation is a very common procedure in Turkey that can be performed at reasonable prices and at a high level.
We have put together useful details about beard transplantation. Read about the procedure, the different methods and the cost for beard transplant in Turkey. You will also find out about the best clinics in Istanbul and see some Before-and-After-Pictures.
Post your add on this page
Register now and get advertorial offers to promote your clinic or medical activity on this page.
What is Beard Transplantation?
Beard transplantation is a surgical method to restore the hair of the beard and sideburns.
For this purpose, the patient’s own hair is harvested of the donor area (in most cases from the neck area). Depending on the technique, canals in the transplant area are opened, and the grafts are transplanted on the desired area.
Methods of Beard Transplantation
See below 3 of the most common used methods for beard transplantation:
1. FUE method
This is the most popular method for hair transplant of any kind, and the preferred method for men who need to transplant a large amount of hair onto large areas of the beard. Another reason it is so popular is that it is a painless procedure.
In the FUE (follicular unit excision) technique, donor hair is taken one by one.
2. DHI method
This method is commonly performed on people with small bald patches who need to thicken their hair a little. Contrary to the FUE technique, canals are not opened, but grafts are inserted directly into the desired area with an implanter pen.
3. FUT method
FUT, short for Follicular Unit Transplantation, is also known as strip surgery. During this technique, a thin strip of donor skin with healthy hair is removed from the back of the head using a scalpel. After that, the surgeon places the grafts on the desired area. The surgeon closes the incision site with stitches, and a fine scar is left behind, which is usually covered by hair.
Due to new developments in the field of hair transplant in recent years, the FUT method is no longer favored.
Things you should know before your Beard Transplantation in Turkey:
- Beard transplantation can help men who suffer from hairless areas, whose facial hair is extremely sparse or uneven, or who naturally lack facial hair.
- Beard transplantation can also be performed on men whose natural hair growth has suffered due to surgery, thermal or chemical effects such as burns or radiation, or due to trauma.
- Since hair loss is a very common problem in Turkey, the technology of hair, beard and eyebrow transplantation has developed exceptionally strongly here.
- There are a huge number of experts and clinics specializing in this field in Istanbul.
- Plan at least 4 days for your beard transplantation in Istanbul. This way, you can combine the procedure with sightseeing.
- Patients have to refrain from alcohol and smoking at least 2 weeks before and after the procedure.
- Swelling is a common occurrence. You can minimize it by following the instructions recommended by your doctor.
- In the first days after the beard transplantation, it is advisable to sleep with 2-3 pillows, with the head just above the height of the body.
- Recovery from the beard transplant procedure is very short. For most patients it takes one day.
- The first washing of the operated area is done after about 2 days by specialists
- It is recommended to refrain from strenuous physical activity, swimming, sauna, and anything else that causes sweating, scratching, rubbing, or touching the donor or implanted area to minimize pain during the recovery. Exposure to direct sunlight should be avoided.
- You should be able to trim your new beard after around 10-14 days.
- Don’t be alarmed: It is normal for the new beard hair to fall out after 2 or 3 weeks. New facial hair then grows in its place.
- Sports exercises should be stopped for at least 4 weeks.
- Final results are usually visible after six months.
Procedure of Beard Transplant in Turkey/ Istanbul:
The first step for your beard transplantation in Turkey is to send in your medical history and pictures of your face and beard, as well as photos from the donor area. During an online consultation, you and your physician will discuss your expectations as well as the risks and benefits of the procedure. Together, you will determine if you are a good candidate for a beard transplant procedure and which method is the right one for you.
Once you arrive in Istanbul, you will meet your medical consultant. The beard transplantation is typically scheduled for the next day. Be sure to have a good breakfast but avoid coffee. In the clinic, you will have a blood test. Your doctor will examine your hair and beard and finalize the decision on how many grafts are needed for your individual case.
Afterwards, you will be prepared for the procedure. The beard transplantation is performed under local anesthesia. The duration of a regular beard transplantation ranges from 6 to 8 hours. A bandage is put on the head. Afterwards, you will be informed about aftercare and can leave the clinic.
The following 2 days, you will be asked to come in for a post-operative examination and a final check-up on the operated area, as well as for a change of bandage.
How much is Beard Transplantation in Turkey?
Prices for a regular Beard Transplantation range from 1.200 € to 1.500 € in Istanbul.
Beard Transplantation Before and After Pictures
Choose the Right Clinic for Beard Transplantation with MedClinics Turkey
MedClinicsTurkey, Expertise you can trust!
get a Free consultation
You can contact us by phone,
email or by using the contact form.
Bankalar Caddesi, Nazlı Han No: 26
+90 0850 433 8866