As we get older, our skin gradually loses its elasticity and eyelids can become droopy or saggy. These aesthetic changes leave some people unhappy with their appearance, and in other cases, they may even cause vision problems.
The Blepharoplasty is a surgical procedure to treat and correct the appearance of the eyes. In Turkey, these procedures are very affordable while maintaining the highest quality.
In this article, we will provide you with important information about Blepharoplasty, as well as the best clinics for eyelid surgery. Furthermore, we have included some before-and-after-pictures to give you a better understanding for the procedure.
What is Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty is also called an eyelid lift surgery. The goal for most patients is to look less tired and younger.
The surgery is used to remove excess skin to tighten and lift the eyelid. Depending on the specific case, it can be performed on the upper or lower eyelids, to remove bags under the eyes, to lift droopy or hooded eyelids, and tighten sagging skin.
Things you need to know before your Blepharoplasty in Turkey/ Istanbul
- Complications of Blepharoplasty include the risk of hematoma, infection, problems with scar healing, among others. That’s why it is important to choose a certified clinic with experienced and highly skilled specialists.
- In addition to top-notch doctors, lower prices and shorter waiting times for appointments, there are many certified and trusted clinics in Turkey that offer the comfort of a 5-star hotel.
- It’s necessary to have realistic goals for your surgery. Before-and-after photos of other patients similar to your eyelids and eye shapes can give you an idea of realistic expectations.
- To be a good candidate for blepharoplasty, you must be in good health and a non-smoker.
- Plan at least 6 days for your Blepharoplasty in Istanbul. During your trip, you can use the free time to explore Istanbul’s cultural and historical treasures.
- The recovery time usually takes 7 to 10 days (swelling & bruising). The full healing process can take 2-3 months.
- In the first days after blepharoplasty, it is crucial to refrain from active physical activity, sudden movements and hot showers or bath. Also, do not wear makeup or contact lenses.
- Don’t be alarmed: Swelling and bruising in the facial area is normal after blepharoplasty. Taking long walks can help against it.
- Since alcohol and smoking can slow down the healing process and cause more swelling, you are advised to avoid both for at least 2 weeks.
- Driving is not advisable as your eyes may be teary and cloudy.
- Sunglasses can help you protect the operated area from the sun after your eyelid surgery, as you should avoid overly active sun.
- The final results are often visible after 1-2 months.
- Since the incisions are made in the creases of the eyelids, there are usually no visible scars after healing.
- Please be aware that the results don’t last a lifetime. Due to aging, you can expect it to last up to 12 years.
Procedure of Blepharoplasty Surgery in Turkey/ Istanbul
First, you will be asked to send your medical history and photos of your face. After an evaluation and an online consultation, your doctor will determine if you are a good candidate for this procedure and which type of blepharoplasty (upper, lower or transconjunctival) is recommended in your specific case. You will also talk about your expectations and the use of local or general anesthesia.
Upon arrival in Istanbul, you will go to the clinic for a comprehensive eyelid exam, during which your doctor will make sure you are a suitable candidate for the procedure you have chosen. The blepharoplasty will typically be performed the next day. In case, you opt for general anesthesia, keep in mind to don’t eat or drink after midnight the day before your surgery.
On the day of your procedure, a blood test will be performed. Your doctor will evaluate the test to see if everything is in order, and if so, you will be prepared for surgery (general or local anesthesia). The duration of the blepharoplasty procedure ranges from 30 minutes to 1.5 hours.
If you had local anesthesia, you can leave the clinic after 3-4 hours. Patients who had general anesthesia will need to stay in the hospital overnight. Please follow your doctor's instructions for aftercare.
You will come to the clinic the next day as well as 3 to 5 days later for a follow-up, during which your doctor will check your eyelids and remove the stitches.
Note: Some Patients want to make their eyes look larger and brighter, in a cat-shape, along with getting rid of excess skin in their eyelids, which is why they combine the procedure with Canthoplasty. See our dedicated article on Canthoplasty for more details.
Blepharoplasty Before and After Pictures
How much is Blepharoplasty Eyelift Surgery in Turkey?
The price for blepharoplasty in Istanbul ranges from 1750 € to 2100 €
Choose the Right Clinic for Blepharoplasty with MedClinics Turkey
MedClinicsTurkey, Expertise you can trust!
get a Free consultation
You can contact us by phone,
email or by using the contact form.
Bankalar Caddesi, Nazlı Han No: 26
+90 0850 433 8866