Breast lift can have an enormous impact on the patient's self-esteem, body image and quality of life.
It is the second most commonly performed plastic breast surgery in Turkey. On top of having some of the best plastic surgeons in the world, Turkey is known for its state-of-the-art clinics, quality of service and very reasonable prices.
On this page, you will find important information about breast lift surgery and the cost in Turkey. Read about the procedure and the best clinics in Istanbul. We have included some before-and-after-pictures of breast lift surgery, so you can visualize realistically how the results can look.
Let’s begin with the basics!
Post your add on this page
Register now and get advertorial offers to promote your clinic or medical activity on this page.
What is Breast Lift?
Factors such as pregnancy and breastfeeding, weight loss or the normal process of aging cause the skin to lose elasticity over time.
During a breast lifting, sagging breast tissue are lifted and tightened. This is achieved by removing excess skin and tightening the surrounding tissue.
Things you should know before your Breast Lift in Turkey:
- Patients should refrain from smoking and drinking alcohol for at least one week before and after the breast lift surgery.
- For the surgery, one visit to Istanbul is sufficient. Plan at least 7 days for breast lift in Turkey.
- After surgery, you will be asked to wear a fitted bra day and night for several weeks.
- Due to the surgical bra, many women avoid the summer months to undergo breast lift surgery in Istanbul.
- In the days following the procedure, it is important that you take it slow and do not lift your arms above your chest for at least 10 days.
- It is normal for the breasts to feel tense or hard, as the hematomas will go away within 2 weeks.
- After breast lift surgery, you will have to sleep on your back for at least one week.
- Lotions, creams and oils should be avoided on the operated are until it is fully healed.
- Sports exercises are not recommended until 6 weeks after the surgery.
- The result is visible immediately.
- The swelling usually heals within 2 months.
- The final result of the procedure typically shows over the course of the next 2-3 months, as it takes some time for the breasts to settle.
- The full recovery takes between 6 and 12 months.
- While scars do occur after a Breast lift procedure, they become soft, thin and white within one to two years, and can often be hidden by bras and bathing suits.
- It is important to remember that breast lift results might not be permanent, as the aging process and gravity will continue to have their effects on your breasts.
Procedure of Breast Lift in Turkey/ Istanbul:
The first step for your breast lift in Turkey is to send in your medical history and pictures of your breasts. You will be asked some questions so that your plastic surgeon can plan your surgery according to your needs and wishes. During an online consultation, you and your surgeon will discuss the best surgical method for your particular case, as well as other important aspects.
Once you arrive in Istanbul, you will visit your surgeon for a consultation and physical exam. Since you will discuss your medical history, please come prepared and bring results of any mammograms or breast biopsies you have. During your physical exam, your surgeon will examine your breasts to determine the best treatment option and incision technique for you. Pictures of your breasts and a mammogram may also be taken for your medical record.
The breast lift surgery is typically planned the next day. Remember to come on an empty stomach, as blood will be taken, and you may receive general anesthesia.
Breast lift surgery generally takes about 2 to 3 hours. It is possible to do the procedure with general anesthesia or with sedation and local anesthesia. On a regular breast lift, the surgeon places stitches deep within the breasts to reshape the breast tissue and, if needed, decrease the size of the areolae. In this process, excess breast skin is removed, the nipples are moved to a higher position, and the breast skin is brought together. Finally, the incisions are closed with stitches, skin adhesives or surgical tape.
After the procedure, small tubes may be placed at the incision sites in the breast to drain excess blood or fluid and are usually removed within a few days.
Normally, you stay in the hospital for only one night. Same-day discharge is also a common treatment approach when local anesthesia has been performed.
The following 2 days, your treating doctor will check the operated area and inform you about aftercare. 2 or 3 days after that, you will come one last time to the clinic for a final consultation.
How much is Breast Lift in Turkey?
The average cost of breast lift surgery in Istanbul ranges between 2700 € and 3000€.
Breast Lift Before and After Pictures
Choose the Right Clinic for Breast Lift with MedClinics Turkey
MedClinicsTurkey, Expertise you can trust!
get a Free consultation
You can contact us by phone, email or by using the contact form.
Bankalar Caddesi, Nazlı Han No: 26
+90 0850 433 8866