Breast reduction surgeries are often sought out by women who suffer from health problems or who wish to adjust the breasts to their body proportions.
Since Turkey is one of the most preferred and developed countries in the field of plastic surgeries and offers high quality at reasonable prices, more and more women travel for breast reduction surgery to Turkey.
On this page, we have gathered important details you should know before your breast reduction in Turkey, including costs, before-and-after-pictures and the best clinics in Istanbul.
Let’s dive right in!
What is Breast Reduction Surgery?
Breast reduction is a surgery to reduce the size of the patients’ breasts.
There are several techniques available for breast reduction. The plastic surgeon uses the technique that is most suitable for each patient.
In most cases, an incision is made around the areola and along each breast. Fat, excess breast tissue and skin are then removed to evenly reduce the size of each breast. Finally, the breasts are reshaped and the nipple and areola are repositioned.
Important: Since breast reductions performed for health problems such as chronic back and neck pain and spinal problems, many health insurance companies cover the cost of breast reduction. Therefore, we recommend that you ask your health insurance provider in your home country, if they cover the treatment cost, and if possible have the breast reduction performed there free of charge.
Things you should know before your Breast Reduction in Turkey:
- The result of successful breast reduction surgery can permanently ease the physical pain caused by large breasts.
- While the surgeon will aim to achieve symmetry between the breasts, there may be discrepancies in the size and shape of the breasts.
- You can find many specialists and excellent clinics in Istanbul, which are great choices for breast reduction surgery.
- For your breast reduction surgery in Istanbul, you should plan at least 7 days.
- Patients should refrain from smoking and drinking alcohol for at least one week before and after the breast reduction surgery.
- You will need to wear a surgical bra for several weeks after the procedure.
- Due to the surgical bra, many women avoid the summer months to undergo breast reduction surgery in Istanbul.
- In the days following the procedure, it is important that you take it slow and do not make any quick movements.
- It is normal for the breasts to feel tense or hard, as the hematomas will go away within 2 weeks.
- Sports exercises are not recommended until 6 weeks after the surgery.
- Please remember that although you will see the results immediately, it may take months for the swelling to completely go down and for the surgical scars to fade.
- After breast reduction, you will have to sleep on your back for at least one week.
- The swelling usually heals within 2 months.
- The final result of the procedure often shows over the course of the next 2-3 months.
- The full recovery takes between 6 and 12 months.
- Please keep in mind that aging and weight gain or loss can affect the shape and size of the breasts.
Procedure of Breast Reduction in Turkey/ Istanbul:
The first step for your breast reduction in Turkey is to send your medical history and pictures of your breasts. You will be asked some questions so that your plastic surgeon can plan your surgery according to your needs and wishes. During an online consultation, you and your surgeon will discuss the best surgical method for your particular case, as well as other important aspects.
Once you arrive in Istanbul, you will be asked to meet your plastic surgeon for a consultation and physical exam. Your surgeon will examine and measure your breasts, as well as evaluate your medical history. Pictures of your breasts and a mammogram are usually taken for your medical record. In some cases, various lab tests may also be needed.
The procedure is generally done the next day under general anesthesia (remember to come with an empty stomach). Before being prepared for surgery, a blood test will be taken. The duration of a standard breast reduction ranges from 2 and 4 hours. In case a breast lift or nipple correction is done during the same procedure, the duration of the surgery is prolonged by about 1 to 2 hours.
Typically, you will only need to stay in the hospital for one night. You will be asked to come for a follow-up visit to check your recovery and to remove stitches. A final control and conversation is typically scheduled a few days later.
How much is Breast Reduction in Turkey?
The average cost of breast reduction surgery in Istanbul is between 2550 € and 3000 €.
Breast Reduction Before and After Pictures
Choose the Right Clinic for Breast Reduction with MedClinics Turkey
MedClinicsTurkey, Expertise you can trust!
get a Free consultation
You can contact us by phone, email or by using the contact form.
Bankalar Caddesi, Nazlı Han No: 26
+90 0850 433 8866