Over the past 20 years, dental care in Turkey has developed greatly, leading to a high number of top-notch oral surgeons and dentists with years of experience. This makes Turkey a top choice for dental treatments such as dental crowns, as patients can have high quality work done for little money.
In this article, we have prepared helpful details about the dental crown treatment. In addition, you will read about the cost of dental crowns in Turkey, the procedure, as well as the best clinics in Istanbul.
Post your add on this page
Register now and get advertorial offers to promote your clinic or medical activity on this page.
What is a Dental Crown?
Dental crowns are a common method of treating damaged teeth.
They are used when the tooth is so severely damaged that treatment with a simple filling or inlay is no longer an option.
Crowns are placed on the remaining tooth like a cap. In order for a dental crown to be placed, the nerve of the affected tooth needs to be intact, the remaining part of the tooth must be firmly seated in the jaw, and the gums need to be healthy.
Things you should know before your Dental Crown Treatment in Turkey
- Turkey is one of the most developed countries in the field of dentistry and is known for top-quality, affordable dental care.
- Turkey is an extremely affordable option for a dental crown. Compared to Western countries, the cost of a dental crown is significantly lower in Istanbul, which is also due to the fact that there is a great demand for this treatment here. While in Germany you pay 500 euros for a crown, in Istanbul it is only about 120 euros.
- The dental clinics in Turkey are comparable to 5-Star hotels. Unlike in many European countries, the hospitals are fully equipped. They have their own X-ray devices and dental labs, which means that work such as dental implants, crowns, veneers, etc. are done quickly and at a low cost.
- In Istanbul, there are many excellent laboratory technicians who make high-quality impressions, which are essential for visually natural looking teeth that are properly fitted.
- Normally, one stay in Istanbul is sufficient for the dental crown treatment. You should plan at least 2 days. Therefore, the treatment can be well combined with a sightseeing trip.
- In most cases, the healing process only takes a couple of days.
- In the first few days after dental crown treatment, sensitivity in the mouth area is quite normal.
- Depending on the material and oral hygiene, the dental crown lasts an average of 10 years.
Procedure of Dental Crown Treatment in Istanbul, Turkey:
The first step for your dental crown treatment in Turkey is to send in pictures of your teeth as well as your medical history. Afterwards, there will be an online consultation, during which you will discuss the procedure and the treatment.
Once you arrive in Istanbul, you will come to the dental clinic for a comprehensive dental exam, during which your treating dentist will check the condition of the teeth that needs treatment, including its stability and vitality.
Typically, the exam also include dental X-rays, 3D-images or before and after pictures, impressions and measurements of your teeth. You will also decide the color and material of the crown. In this way, the dental clinic will be able to prepare the crown according to your needs.
Before the crown can be placed, your tooth must be prepared. This requires grinding off part of the natural tooth. This procedure is performed under local anesthesia, so you will not feel any pain. The final step is to place a temporary crown on the tooth.
Your dental crown is usually ready the next day. The insertion of the new crown will be performed under local anesthesia. First, the temporary crown will be removed, and the tooth will be cleaned and prepared. After that, the new crown can be placed and fixed. Your dentist will check if the crown causes any pain or sensation of pressure. If necessary, it will be corrected. Finally, you will be informed about aftercare instructions.
How much does a Dental Crown cost in Turkey?
The approximate cost for one dental crown in Istanbul is about €120.
Get your Dental Crown treatment with MedClinics Turkey
MedClinicsTurkey, Expertise you can trust!
get a Free consultation
You can contact us by phone, email or by using the contact form.
Bankalar Caddesi, Nazlı Han No: 26
+90 0850 433 8866