Turkey is one of the most developed countries in the field of dentistry and is known for top-quality, affordable dental care.
That’s why it is not surprising that dental care patients who need dental implants choose to be treated in Turkey to have quality work done for less. The majority of clinics in Istanbul have their own laboratories and X-ray equipment, which saves time and money.
On this page, we have put together useful information about dental implants. You will also read about the procedure, the cost of dental implants in Turkey as well as the best clinics in Istanbul.
Post your add on this page
Register now and get advertorial offers to promote your clinic or medical activity on this page.
What are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is an artificial tooth root that is placed in the jawbone. The actual dental prosthesis, for instance a custom-made crown, is then firmly attached to it.
In the case of missing teeth, natural looking and feeling dental implants can be the best solution.
Things you should know before your Dental Implants Procedure in Turkey:
- Over the last 20 years in Turkey, the dental health care sector has developed greatly, resulting in a high number of top-notch oral surgeons and dentists with many years of experience.
- The dental clinics in Turkey are comparable to 5-Star hotels. Unlike in many European countries, the hospitals are fully equipped. They have their own X-ray devices and dental labs, which means that work such as dental implants, crowns, veneers, etc. are done quickly and at a low cost.
- Please take into account that dental implants can take several months from start to finish and require one or more surgical procedures. For this reason, you will most likely need to travel to your dentist in Istanbul at least twice. For the first visit, 2 days in Istanbul is usually enough, while for the second visit you should plan around 6 days. In more complicated cases, more visits may be necessary. Please consider this when budgeting for your travel and treatment expenses.
- Istanbul has excellent medical labs, which are the key to making good models of your teeth and jaw - and therefore, successful dental implants.
- Many patients take this opportunity to combine their dental implant with a vacation in Istanbul.
- Just like in other countries, international brands are used for implants in Istanbul. There are hundreds of international implant brands such as the Swiss brand Straumann, the German brands Bego and MegaGen as well as local Turkish brands for patients to choose from. They all come with international warranties and are certified. They vary mainly in terms of cost and quality, with local Turkish implants as the less expensive. The choice is entirely up to you, whether you decide to use a German or Turkish implant.
- An important aspect of dental implants is that they can be placed easily if the tooth is surrounded by adequate bone and tissue. Otherwise, you should be prepared for the fact that the treatment will take more time and tends to be more complicated and difficult.
- In some complicated cases, a mega implant is even recommended.
- Since there are highly competent, reliable specialists with many years of experience in Istanbul, you can be sure that you are in good hands even in such complicated cases. Here are our recommended clinics which maintain a high level of practice:
Procedure of Dental Implant Treatment in Istanbul, Turkey:
The first step for your dental implant treatment in Turkey is to send in pictures of your teeth and medical history. An online consultation will then be arranged, during which the exact treatment will be explained to you.
Once you arrive in Istanbul, you will come to the clinic for a comprehensive dental exam, which typically include dental X-rays, 3D-images and models of your teeth and jaw. In this way, the clinic will be able to prepare an implant adapted to your needs.
The next day, you will come in for the procedure. The procedure is performed under local anesthesia. First, your damaged tooth will be removed. Depending on the specific case, the implant will then be surgically placed into the jawbone and the wound is closed. In some cases, a bone graft may be required. Your dentist will inform you about aftercare.
Afterwards, you will need to wait about 3 months for healing to take place and for the dental implant to integrate with the jawbone. At your second visit in Istanbul, you will come in for a detailed examination of the teeth and new measurements/ impressions of the teeth to prepare the dental crown.
You will come again the next day. The dentist will reopen your gum to attach the abutment to the dental implant. Then, the new dental crown is inserted and fixed. Your dentist will give you instructions about the aftercare. Afterwards, the treatment is completed, and you can leave for your home country.
How much does a dental implant cost in Turkey?
The approximate cost of dental implants in Istanbul depends on the specific case, its complexity and the brand of your implant. Depending on the selection of implant brand & methods, the price of a single implant may vary between 415 € and 1.700 €
Get your Dental Implant treatment with MedClinics Turkey
MedClinicsTurkey, Expertise you can trust!
get a Free consultation
You can contact us by phone,
email or by using the contact form.
Bankalar Caddesi, Nazlı Han No: 26
+90 0850 433 8866