Eyebrows not only frame the eyes, they also have the power to completely change the look of the face. The eyebrow transplant offers a long-lasting solution for individuals who are not blessed with lush eyebrows.
The technology of hair transplantation, including beard and eyebrow transplant, has developed exceptionally strongly in Turkey. That’s why the country is considered a specialist in this field, offering top-notch service at reasonable prices. Some of the best clinics can be found in Istanbul.
On this page, we will introduce you to some of the best and trustworthy clinics in Istanbul. You will also read important details you should know before your eyebrow transplant in Turkey, including the techniques, costs and before-and-after-pictures.
Let’s dive right in!
Post your add on this page
Register now and get advertorial offers to promote your clinic or medical activity on this page.
What is Eyebrow Transplant?
Eyebrow transplantation is a surgical method in which hair grafts are taken from denser areas and depending on the technique, transplanted to the desired area to supplement sparse, deficient or absent eyebrows.
Types of Eyebrow Transplant
We have listed below 3 of the most common used techniques for eyebrow transplant:
1. FUE method
In the FUE (follicular unit excision) technique, donor hair is taken one by one. This is the most popular method for hair transplant of any kind, and the preferred technique for individuals who need to transplant a large amount of hair onto large areas of the eyebrow. Another reason it is so popular is that it is a painless procedure.
2. DHI method
This method is commonly performed on people with small bald patches who need to thicken their eyebrows a bit. Contrary to the FUE technique, canals are not opened, but grafts are inserted directly into the desired area with an implanter pen.
FUT, short for Follicular Unit Transplantation, is also known as strip surgery. During this method, a thin strip of donor skin with healthy hair is removed from the back of the head using a scalpel. After that, the surgeon places the grafts on the desired area. The surgeon closes the incision site with stitches, and a fine scar is left behind, which is usually covered by hair.
Due to new developments in the field of hair transplant in recent years, the FUT method is no longer favored.
Things you should know before your Eyebrow Transplant Surgery in Turkey:
- Since hair loss is a very common problem in Turkey, the country has become a specialist in the field of hair transplantation, including eyebrow and beard transplantation.
- You can find a great number of experts and clinics specializing in this field in Istanbul.
- Plan at least 4 days for your eyebrow transplant in Istanbul. Use the trip for some sightseeing in Istanbul!
- Patients have to refrain from alcohol and smoking at least 2 weeks before and after the treatment.
- Swelling is a common occurrence of the eyebrow transplant surgery. You can minimize it by following the instructions recommended by your doctor.
- Recovery from the eyebrow transplant procedure is very short. For most patients it takes only one day.
- In the first days after the eyebrow transplant, it is advisable to sleep with 2 or 3 pillows, with the head just above the height of the body.
- The first washing of the operated area is done after about 2 days by specialists. After around one week, it is possible to wash your face by yourself.
- Don’t be alarmed: It is normal for the new eyebrow hair to fall out after 2 or 3 weeks. New hair then grows in its place.
- It is recommended to refrain from strenuous physical activity, swimming, sauna, and anything else that causes sweating, scratching, rubbing, or touching the donor or implanted area to minimize pain during the recovery. Exposure to direct sunlight should be avoided.
- Sports exercises should be stopped for at least 4 weeks.
- Final results are usually visible after six months.
- Please note that eyebrow transplants don’t last a lifetime. Sometimes the result can last for years after the surgery, but in many cases it happens that after two years the result fades and the hair falls out.
Procedure of Eyebrow Transplant Surgery in Turkey/ Istanbul:
The first step for your eyebrow transplant in Turkey is to send in your medical history and pictures of your eyebrows and from the donor area. During an online consultation, you and your physician will discuss the risks and benefits of the procedure, as well as your wishes. This way, you will determine if you are a good candidate for an eyebrow transplant procedure and which type of eyebrow transplant is the right one for you.
After your arrival in Istanbul, you will meet your medical consultant. The eyebrow transplant is typically scheduled for the next day. Remember to have a good breakfast, but be sure to avoid coffee. Once in the clinic, a blood test will be taken. Your doctor will examine your hair and eyebrows. After that, the decision on how many grafts are needed for your individual case can be finalized.
Then, you will be prepared for the treatment. The eyebrow transplantation is performed under local anesthesia, which is why you should not feel any pain. The duration of a regular eyebrow transplant ranges from 2 to 4 hours. A bandage is put on your head. Afterwards, you will be informed about aftercare and can leave the clinic.
The following 2 days, you will be asked to come in for a post-operative control and a final check-up on the operated area. During this examination, your eyebrows will be washed, and your bandage will be changed.
How much is Eyebrow Transplant in Turkey?
Prices for a regular eyebrow transplantation range from 960 € to 1.600 € in Istanbul
Eyebrow Transplant Before and After Pictures
Choose the Right Clinic for Eyebrow Transplant with MedClinics Turkey
MedClinicsTurkey, Expertise you can trust!
get a Free consultation
You can contact us by phone,
email or by using the contact form.
Bankalar Caddesi, Nazlı Han No: 26
+90 0850 433 8866