After pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, a woman's body usually changes dramatically. Although this is a completely natural result, some mothers are uncomfortable with the appearance of their post-baby body and opt for a custom mommy makeover.
Thanks to quality and affordable healthcare services and short waiting times, Turkey is one of the top choices for mommy makeover surgeries among patients from all over the world.
On this page, we have put together helpful details you should know before your Mommy Makeover in Turkey, including costs & prices, the procedure in Turkey and the best clinics in Istanbul. We have also included some before and after pictures so that you can have realistic expectations and get an idea of the surgery.
Let’s dive right in!
What is Mommy Makeover?
Mommy Makeover is a combination of different plastic surgeries aimed at restoring the pre-pregnancy body. Since every woman is unique and differently affected by pregnancy, Mommy Makeover surgery is tailored to each patient's individual needs and desires.
The surgery can be done in one session or spread in several sessions, according to the preferences of the patient and the complexity of the surgeries.
Surgeries that are often involved in Mommy Makeover procedure are:
1. Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)
A tummy tuck is a surgical procedure that combines liposuction of the abdomen with removal of excess loose skin. At the same time, abdominal muscles are tightened. As a result, patients have a flatter and firmer abdomen.
- Read more in our dedicated page on Tummy Tuck.
Liposuction is a surgical procedure that is used to remove fat with the help of the suction technique from one targeted area, such as the abdomen, hips, buttocks or legs.
- For further information, please visit our page about Liposuction.
4. Vaginal Plastic Surgery
One of the most preferred vaginal plastic surgeries is the vaginoplasty, a procedure to tighten and repair the floor of the vagina. Others are Labiaplasty and Perineoplasty.
Things you should know before your Mommy Makeover in Turkey:
- The option of having multiple surgical procedures performed in a single combined surgery has the advantage of going only one time under anesthesia, as well as shortening the overall recovery time.
- Important: If you want to have children in the future, you should wait to undergo Mommy Makeover procedure.
- If you have recently given birth, the childbirth must have occurred at least 6 months ago and breastfeeding should have been discontinued at least 6 months prior to the procedure.
- Please note that you can only undergo Mommy Makeover if you are overall healthy.
- Since the Mommy Makeover combines multiple surgeries, the procedure carries more risks and complications, such as infection, bleeding, hematomas, poor incision healing, asymmetry, cardiac and pulmonary complications, inability to breastfeed, deep vein thrombosis, persistent pain, contour deformation and fat embolization.
- Swelling, soreness, redness, irregularities and bumps are common occurrences after surgery.
- We highly recommend to only considering board-certified plastic surgeons and trustworthy clinics for your Mommy Makeover.
- Istanbul has a particularly large number of renowned clinics and highly qualified plastic surgeons with expertise in the field.
- Plan at least 8 days for your Mommy Makeover surgery in Istanbul.
- It is necessary to avoid alcohol and smoking at least 4 weeks before and after the surgery.
- Since multiple procedures are involved, the recovery takes several months. It is important to follow the aftercare instructions recommended by your doctor.
- You will have to wear compression garments for 4-6 weeks and compression stockings for at least 5 days. That’s why it can be a good idea to avoid the summer to go undergo a Mommy Makeover.
- Please note that some procedures (like Tummy Tuck) will leave a scar.
- Stitches are removed within 7 to 14 days. Afterwards, scar care is recommended. After removal of the stitches, patients are allowed to shower again. Taking baths should be postponed for 1.5 months.
- Sauna and solarium visits as well as physical activity and full-scale sports are not allowed for at least 6 months.
- Make sure that the operated area is not exposed to sunlight, as it can negatively affect the healing process.
- It will take about 6 months to see final results.
- Results are permanent or long-lasting depending on the surgery, but procedures like tummy tuck and liposuction are subject to weight changes.
Procedure of Mommy Makeover in Turkey/ Istanbul:
The first step for your Mommy Makeover in Turkey is to send in your medical history and pictures of your body. During an online consultation, you and your plastic surgeon will discuss the risks and benefits of the procedure and determine if you are a good candidate for a mommy makeover. You will also talk about your expectations and desired shape, and decide what surgeries are needed to achieve them (Liposuction, Breast augmentation/lift, Tummy Tuck, Labiaplasty, Lipofilling, Vaginoplasty etc.).
Once you arrive in Istanbul, you will be asked to the clinic for a consultation and an examination of your body. The Mommy Makeover surgery is typically scheduled for the next day. Since the procedure is performed under general anesthesia, you must come on an empty stomach. Before you are prepared for the surgery, a blood test will be performed.
The duration of a mommy makeover depends on how many surgeries are combined, but is usually between 3 and 8 hours. In most cases, you will spend 2 nights in the clinic under medical supervision. Before you are discharged from the clinic, your attending physician will check the operated areas, remove drains and inform you about aftercare.
In the days that follow, you will be asked to see your surgeon for another examination, during which your doctor may remove stitches. Before you leave for your home country, you will come to the clinic for a final check-up.
How much is Mommy Makeover in Turkey?
Prices for a regular mommy makeover in Istanbul depend on the combined procedures desired, but in many cases range from 8.000 € to 10.000 €
Mommy Makeover Before and After Pictures
Most Popular Doctors and Clinics
Estophia arranges aesthetic and surgical treatments in almost all fields of medicine in Istanbul, Turkey. Especially famous are the deals for Mommy Makeover. Due to the rich offer and careful selection of clinics, hospitals and doctors, patients feel well taken care of from the very beginning and have the opportunity to prepare for the upcoming procedure in the comfort of their own home.
Estophia is known for high quality treatments, all surgeries are performed in the best hospitals of Istanbul and in collaboration with experienced international doctors from all over the world, using the latest technologies. Especially worth mentioning are the treatments in breast augmentation and reduction, breast lift, BBL, Tummy Tuck, weight loss surgeries, Rhinoplasty, face & neck lift and hair- and
Patients' well-being always comes first, all-inclusive packages offer additional services such as transfers, hotel and entertainment during the stay.
In recent years, Turkeyana Clinic has distinguished itself with very successful mommy makeover surgeries, which confirms the high level of patient satisfaction. Originally, the clinic specialized in hair transplants and dental aesthetics.
Today, thanks to its innovative approach, continuous development and application of the latest technologies, Turkeyana Clinic offers all plastic, reconstructive and aesthetic surgeries. Of particular note are liposuction, breast aesthetics, BBL, tummy tuck, face and neck lift, eyelid correction as well as tube stomach, gastric bypass and swallow balloon. The procedures are performed at A+ private contract hospitals in Istanbul.
According to its own statement, Turkeyana Clinic was founded in 2012 so that "you can be the way you want to be." It considers beauty a universal principle of "soul and body" and a "natural, integrated image." The success of a cosmetic treatment is measured by how difficult it is to notice.
Extensive examinations as well as a detailed consultation before each procedure lead to a high level of patient satisfaction. Those who wish can book an all-inclusive package that includes airport transfers, interpretation services and accommodation in a 4- or 5-star hotel.
The increasing requests for a Mommy Makeover at Swedish Clinic speak for themselves.
Located in the lively Şişli district on the European side of the city, where luxury hotels, fashion boutiques and numerous restaurants line up, the Swedish Clinic is becoming increasingly popular with medical tourists.
For more than 16 years, this modern clinic has had a professional team of doctors, specialists and qualified nurses taking care of the patients' well-being throughout the entire process. The Swedish Clinic makes it a point to always be on the latest technology and adapts its equipment accordingly.
With a success rate of 99%, Swedish Clinic also ranks first among hair transplant clinics in Istanbul.
Founded in 2015, Forever Clinica on the European side of Istanbul was initially known for its success in the field of hair transplantation. Now, the clinic offers all plastic and aesthetic surgeries performed at the state-of-the-art Avrasya Hospital.
In its over 7 years of experience, Forever Clinica has performed over 9,000 procedures and treated many thousands of patients from all over the world. A team of over 40 specialists and doctors take care of guests throughout the treatment process, and they quickly feel at home in the clinic.
Durable solutions and lifetime guarantees are reflected in the high level of patient satisfaction in all areas, which is always the top priority at Forever Clinica.
According to the motto "Beauty for Everyone", the clinic offers highly qualified treatments at reasonable prices. The most important principles are honesty, transparency and discretion. All procedures are performed in the most prestigious 5* hospitals in Istanbul and Antalya, all of which have been awarded the coveted JCF certificate and are equipped with the latest technologies.
Treatments from all areas of medicine are offered. The focus is on hair- and beard transplants, plastic surgery such as breast aesthetics, BBL, Mommy Makeover and Tummy Tuck, weight loss surgeries, dental treatments, Іn-Vіtrо-Fertilisation (IVF) and eye surgeries such as eye laser and smart lens.
Cayra Clinic has so far successfully attended over 5,000 patients from 5 different continents and over 40 countries on their journey.
Those who wish can book an all-inclusive package that includes VIP transfers, interpreters, 5-star hotel, flights and city tours.
Choose the Right Clinic for a Mommy Makeover with MedClinics Turkey
MedClinicsTurkey, Expertise you can trust!
get a Free consultation
We would be pleased to talk about your expectations.
You can contact us by phone or Whatsapp
Note: Our contracted hospitals, clinics and physicians will get in touch with you regarding the treatment you have requested.