Those who are not comfortable with the appearance of their abdomen and desire to contour and shape their tummy often opt for a Tummy Tuck (abdominoplasty).
Turkey is one of the preferred choices for tummy tuck surgery, as the country hosts top-notch specialists who perform the procedure with their expert knowledge at affordable prices.
In this article, we will give you useful information about Tummy Tuck surgery, the different types as well as the cost of a tummy tuck in Turkey. In addition, we have provided some before-and-after-pictures of Abdominoplasty to help you get a better understanding of the procedure and realistic expectations.
What is a Tummy Tuck?
A tummy tuck, also called Abdominoplasty, is a surgical procedure that combines liposuction of the abdomen with removal of excess loose skin. At the same time, abdominal muscles are tightened. As a result, you have a flatter and firmer abdomen.
This surgery takes about 2-5 hours and is more expensive than liposuction alone. For more information about liposuction surgery, please read our dedicated article on
Types of Tummy Tuck Surgery (Abdominoplasty)
There are different types of the Tummy Tuck procedure. Below you will find 3 of the most common:
1. Full Tummy Tuck
This type of tummy tuck is one of the most common, but it is also a more complex procedure than a standard tummy tuck. During a Full Tummy Tuck (full abdominoplasty), the plastic surgeon not only removes excess fat and tightens the skin, but also sutures the muscles of the abdominal wall. In this procedure, the belly button is repositioned.
2. Mini Tummy Tuck
The mini tummy tuck or mini-abdominoplasty is considered a less complicated procedure than a full tummy tuck. It is the preferred method for patients who do not have a significant excess of fatty tissue, but have a cosmetic defect in the form of excess skin below the belly button. Examples include patients with functional problems after childbirth, such as hernia or diastasis. The navel is not displaced.
3. Reversive Tummy Tuck
This type of tummy tuck is often used for patients who have lost a significant amount of weight and suffer from sagging of the upper abdomen and chest. During a Reverse abdominoplasty, an incision is made in the skin folds under the breast, which allows abdominal plastic surgery with breast augmentation and lift to be performed simultaneously.
Things You Should Know Before Your Tummy Tuck in Istanbul, Turkey
- As Turkey has a population of 86 million as well as patients coming from all over the world to undergo Tummy Tuck, the country has many highly experienced plastic surgeons, making it a top choice for the procedure. In addition, the private clinics resemble more high-class hotels than hospitals, providing patients with the highest comfort for their recovery time.
- Tummy tuck is not recommended for women who plan to have more children.
- Men can also undergo a Tummy Tuck surgery.
- Tummy Tuck can help to sculpt the waist and create a firmer abdominal profile, but it is not a weight loss method.
- Tummy Tuck also can help to reduce or in some cases remove pregnancy stretch marks or the cesarean section scar on the abdomen.
- To be a good candidate for the surgery, you should be healthy and have a stable and normal body mass index (BMI).
- Although the tummy tuck contours your abdomen, remember that you will need to watch your diet and exercise after the procedure to keep it looking good.
- Note that the procedure leaves a large scar across the lower abdomen.
- Be aware that this is a plastic surgery procedure with a higher risk of complications such as infection, bleeding, hematoma, seroma, soft tissue necrosis and suppuration, or wound healing problems.
- Patients have to refrain from drinking alcohol and smoking for at least 2 months before and after the surgery.
- You should plan at least 7 days for your Tummy Tuck surgery in Istanbul.
- Take into account that you will have to wear a compression garment for several weeks after the procedure. That’s why it can be a good idea to get a Tummy tuck in winter or fall.
- Full recovery takes several months.
- Don’t be alarmed: It is normal to feel pain and tension on your abdominal area the first weeks after the surgery.
- Swelling, soreness and redness are common after the surgery.
- During the first four to five days after the Tummy tuck, patients have to remain in bed with their head and legs elevated.
- Make sure that the operated area is not exposed to sunlight under any circumstances.
- You will have to completely refrain from physical activity for the first 2 weeks. Otherwise, it could negatively affect your stitches and the healing process.
- Stitches are normally removed after 10 to 14 days. Only then can patients take a shower. Taking baths should be postponed for 1.5 months.
- Sauna and solarium visits as well as full-scale sports are not allowed for at least 6 months.
- The final result is visible after 6 months.
Procedure of a Tummy Tuck in Istanbul, Turkey
The first step for a Tummy Tuck surgery in Turkey is to submit your medical history and pictures of your body. This way, your plastic surgeon can analyze whether you are a good candidate for the procedure and which type of Tummy tuck is suitable.
During an online consultation with your plastic surgeon, you will discuss the risks and benefits of the procedure, your expectations and the best method for your specific case.
After your arrival in Istanbul, you will meet your surgeon for an examination of the abdomen. Your physician will make sure that the chosen type of Tummy tuck is the best for you. Afterwards, you can leave the clinic.
Generally, the surgery is scheduled for the next day. Since tummy tuck is performed under general anesthesia, you must come to the surgery with an empty stomach. After a blood test, you will be prepared for surgery. The duration of a regular Tummy Tuck ranges between 2 and 5 hours depending on the complexity of the surgery.
You can expect to spend 1 to 2 nights in the clinic under medical supervision. Afterwards, your attending physician will inform you about aftercare and remove the drains. Then, you can leave the hospital.
After 1-2 days, you will come to the clinic one last time for a thorough examination of the operated area.
How Much is a Tummy Tuck in Turkey?
The prices for Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) in Istanbul ranges from 4.150 € to 7.000 €.
Tummy Tuck Before and After Pictures
Most Popular Doctors and Clinics
In addition, all procedures from the field of plastic, reconstructive and aesthetic surgery are offered. Of particular note are liposuction, breast aesthetics, BBL, tummy tuck, mommy makeover, face and neck lift, eyelid correction as well as tube stomach, gastric bypass and swallow balloon. The procedures are performed at A+ private contract hospitals in Istanbul.
According to its own statement, Turkeyana Clinic was founded in 2012 so that "you can be the way you want to be." It considers beauty a universal principle of "soul and body" and a "natural, integrated image."
Extensive examinations as well as a detailed consultation before each procedure lead to a high level of patient satisfaction. Those who wish can book an all-inclusive package that includes airport transfers, interpretation services and accommodation in a 4- or 5-star hotel.
Turkeyana Clinic offers plastic, reconstructive and cosmetic surgery, as well as dental aesthetics and hair transplants.
The patient's well-being always comes first at Estophia. This is reflected in the arrangement of high quality treatments in almost all fields of aesthetics and medicine. All procedures are performed only in the best clinics and hospitals of Istanbul, which are equipped with the most up-to-date devices and use the latest technologies.
Various offers from experienced, internationally recognized doctors from all over the world give the patient an overview of the possible treatment methods and allow an individually adapted choice.
Especially famous are the offers for Tummy Tuck. Also, worth mentioning are treatments in the fields of breast augmentation and reduction, breast lift, BBL, Mommy Makeover, weight loss surgeries, Rhinoplasty or face & neck lift
Additional services such as transfers, hotel and activities during the stay can be additionally booked with customized packages.
Since 2022, the sympathetic doctor with the close-to-patient approach has been looking after guests from all over the world in his private practice in Şişli, Istanbul. He performs all operations in the field of plastic & aesthetic surgery, including rhinoplasty, breast surgery, mommy makeover, tummy tuck and liposuction or BBL, just to name a few. Surgical procedures are performed only in the newest and most modern hospitals in Istanbul.
Prof. Dr. İlker Yazıcı is fluent in English, which, in addition to his more than 25 years of experience, top results and hassle-free procedures, makes him popular with both domestic and foreign patients. The top rating confirms the consistently high patient satisfaction.
The Fidel Clinic, whose name comes from Latin and means loyalty, has the vision and principle of understanding and fully responding to the physical and psychological needs of patients. Fidel Clinic offers only the highest quality treatments that are also affordable. The goal is to welcome patients from all over the world and make them feel at home.
At the end of their trip, guests should return home with a smile and, more importantly, with a more aesthetic and better appearance, as well as good memories.
Offered are all treatments from the field of Aesthetic & Plastic Surgery such as breast aesthetics, BBL, Mommy Makeover and Tummy Tuck and weight loss surgeries as well as from Dentistry. Of particular note are Hollywood Smile, dental crowns and dental implants.
The all-round care and detailed consultation is reflected in the high level of patient satisfaction.
Those who wish can book an all-inclusive package that includes transfer and hotel.
Founded in 2015, Forever Clinica on the European side of Istanbul was initially known for its success in the field of hair transplantation. Now, the clinic offers all plastic and aesthetic surgeries performed at the state-of-the-art Avrasya Hospital.
In its over 7 years of experience, Forever Clinica has performed over 9,000 procedures and treated many thousands of patients from all over the world. A team of over 40 specialists and doctors take care of guests throughout the treatment process, and they quickly feel at home in the clinic.
Durable solutions and lifetime guarantees are reflected in the high level of patient satisfaction in all areas, which is always the top priority at Forever Clinica.
According to the motto "Beauty for Everyone", the clinic offers highly qualified treatments at reasonable prices. The most important principles are honesty, transparency and discretion. All procedures are performed in the most prestigious 5* hospitals in Istanbul and Antalya, all of which have been awarded the coveted JCF certificate and are equipped with the latest technologies.
Treatments from all areas of medicine are offered. The focus is on hair- and beard transplants, plastic surgery such as breast aesthetics, BBL, Mommy Makeover and Tummy Tuck, weight loss surgeries, dental treatments, Іn-Vіtrо-Fertilisation (IVF) and eye surgeries such as eye laser and smart lens.
Cayra Clinic has so far successfully attended over 5,000 patients from 5 different continents and over 40 countries on their journey.
Those who wish can book an all-inclusive package that includes VIP transfers, interpreters, 5-star hotel, flights and city tours.
Choose the Right Clinic for Tummy Tuck with MedClinics Turkey
MedClinicsTurkey, Expertise you can trust!
get a Free consultation
We would be pleased to talk about your expectations.
You can contact us by phone or Whatsapp
Note: Our contracted hospitals, clinics and physicians will get in touch with you regarding the treatment you have requested.
Post your add on this page
Register now and get advertorial offers to promote your clinic or medical activity on this page.
Here the list of other treatments in which Turkey has become a specialist:
Register Now and Get Your Add on this page!