Enter the Hagia Sophia with a Historian Guide from Istanbul who has spent thousands of hours inside this legendary building, who knows each corner, each detail of the famous mosaics and the full history of the Byzantine & Ottoman – Empire.
8 Reasons to book the Hagia Sophia Tour with a Historian Guide:
- Skip the lines and enter the fastest way inside with an authorised guide
- Listen to the legendary history of this ancient monument, that was the world’s largest building for over 1.000 years and built in 532, from a local expert,.
- Observe the most interesting architectural facts, decorative details and the masterpiece mosaics that give an inside look at Roman and Byzantine beliefs.
- Look at Viking Graffiti and have a closer look at what has changed when the Hagia Sophia was changed into a Mosque in 1453.
- Learn about the rise and fall of the Roman, Byzantine and Ottoman Empires and acquire knowledge about the cultural heritage of those Empires that still exist in today’s Istanbul.
- Your local specialist will share with you his favorites spots and the best places where you can take amazing pictures.
- Spent 60 minutes with an passionate guide who even has pictures and paintings with him to show you the former details of one of world’s greatest attractions, a must see.
After the tour you can stay inside the Hagia Sophia as long as you want and if you have any questions your historian guide will be happy to answer them.
Included in Hagia Sophia VIP Ticket:
- 60 minute guided service in English
- Hagia Sophia authorised historian guide
- Skip the lines and use the priority entrance
- For female visitor scarf to cover hair
- Audio guide app for İOS & Android for your own smartphone in following languages:
English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, Arabic, ChineseCancellation and Changes to this tour are possible at any time free of
Like in any house of God, appropriate and respectful clothing is
required when visiting the Hagia Sophia.
Women: Knee length shorts or skirt, no exposed shoulders or chest.
Hair should be partially covered with a scarf.
Men: Knee length shorts, no exposed shoulders.
We can skip the lines but we can not skip the security check which can take up to 30 minutes in high season.
For any questions you have please contact us.
Istanbul Tourist Information